POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Media usage : Re: Media usage Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media usage
From: Micheus
Date: 25 Jun 2009 16:25:01
Message: <web.4a43dcf0438fc1f62d939b70@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> which is only natural because "face_indices" contains not only vertex indices,
> but also texture indices (i.e. indices into the texture_list)
Now I know this.

> Which is only natural, too, because "hollow" is an object statement, not part > of
the pigment.
I had not understood this when I read about it on help file.

> As it is already in the object definition further below in your
> code, the following wm_default should do:
>
>   #declare wm_default = texture{
>     pigment {rgbt 1 }
>     finish { ambient 0 diffuse 0 specular 0 }
>   }
Yes You right! It's working now!!

Just I have discovered that the result is not exactly wath I thought.
The sample posted by "Chris B" is more bright but when I have used your
definition in my model it looks dark
Chris B sample:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_ZQYpKPHH8hM/SkPar41Ke2I/AAAAAAAAAMQ/Yf4DuliBDk8/Lava_Media_Teste.jpg
My model (only lava):